Monday 15 June 2009

'57 Chrysler ....

Or, to give it its full name; 1957 Chrysler Saratoga, I believe. The annual Classic Car Exhibition was on in Bracknell last weekend. There was some truly amazing cars and bikes on show. This '57 Chrysler caught my eye.
.
.
.
I never knew what they meant in the movies, when I was growing up, when they said a car was a '57 Chrysler' or a '56 Chevy'. We didn't even have a car when I was growing up! You live and learn.
.
.
All photos; D200, Nikon 105mm VR
.
I photograph the cars every year but this year I decided to do it a little different. I used the Nikon 105mm VR lens. On the D200 it is around a 150mm lens and the depth of field, or to give it is 'on trend' name. bokeh, is amazing. Brilliant for detail shots, you can pick out a subject and isolate it from the background easily. I also enjoyed just using a prime lens; no messing about zooming all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment