Thursday 18 June 2009

Oxford Rain

Oxford for me, was always the centre of British university learning. The seat from which academic careers were launched. At least that is what it seemed like to me living as a teenager all those years ago in Ireland.
.
.
I couldn't help but imagine all the students going to and from their lectures and tutorials; they always seemed to wear the black gown and mortar board hat. The dreamy spires and all those colleges - I never understood how there seemed to be so many colleges there.
.
.
But what epitomised Oxford for me was Inspector Morse. During the eighties, I must have seen every single one of the episodes. The City, the man, the car; it all said Oxford.
.

.
I enjoy visiting Oxford - it is always a treat to wander the streets with my camera watching the particular Oxford world going by, trying to get a glimpse into what it might be like to study and live here. The day we visited, it rained. Mind you it rains more in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment