Saturday 6 June 2009

Project 52 ... 8

Meet Lisa...
.


D200, Tamron 17 -50 f2.8, Sb 800 with gridspot
.

Lisa, a very tall lady, seen here illuminated in her domain amongst the filing! She has since progressed on to the realms of management - Good luck, Lisa!

I placed an Sb 800 on a mobile VAL (voice activated lightstand - Catherine) with a gridspot to concentrate the beam of light from the flash, camera left. The flash was set to half power, the camera at 1/250th, I think and then I just chose an aperture that worked to give the shot I wanted. I knew there was going to be some fill from the wall beside Lisa.

Another thing I was concerned about was Lisa's glasses. I didn't want a reflection of the flash in them. The way to overcome this is to remember secondary school physics; with light the angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence. So if you set the flash - or any light source for that matter, at such an angle that it will not be reflected into the lens, you are onto a winner!




No comments:

Post a Comment