Sunday 14 August 2011

Guest Blogger Rosie...

Rosie is no stranger to this blog; I posted some of her photographs when she began her Duke of Edinburgh Award. She has taken some great images over the last year or so. Photography is like any other artform; the more you practice it, the better you get. Rosie has shown that she has indeed practised and she has indeed improved. The depth and composition of her images has come along way since her last post (hopefully this will not be her last post here!) It was a pleasure and an honour to be a small part of her great achievement.
Here she is in her own words and images, enjoy.
 


 The beach at Littlehampton in sepia brings out the
contrast between the pebbles and menacing sea.



Peony in my garden showing different layers of
texture from velvet edges to a dark interior.



Forget-me-not in and out of focus.
I like the variation of detail and blur.



Buds and blooms.
Baby blue with white and pink shade.



Littlehampton bench used as shelter from a seaside shower.
Bench and people silhouetted against a brightening sea.



Busy beach at Littlehampton.
Paddling a long way out.
Using black and white adds age and character
to an otherwise standard scene.



The beautiful twinkling sea in contrast
to the rambling seaweed.


My thanks to Noel for mentoring me in learning a new skill for my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award.

Thank you Rosie, and I wish you all the best in your photographic career!
Noel


No comments:

Post a Comment