Saturday 16 June 2012

Axminster... where they make the carpets...

We recently had a fantastic family holiday in Devon at Spiller's farm in Musbury, near Axminster. We stayed in a cottage attached to a small farm. What a great time we all had! It rained quite a bit, but that didn't dampen the holiday spirit. We really enjoyed the country living for the week and Keith and Bridget, the cottage owners were brilliant. A big thank you there!

On one of the afternoons, I think it was Bank Holiday Monday, we had had a busy morning and Mrs H and I managed to escape for a few hours, so we headed into Axminster. I had always wanted to see the River Cottage Canteen, this is the town its in.

Anyway, after a 15 minute drive we got there. And the place was deserted. I was so surprised. This was 4 o'clock in the afternoon! So I took some photographs. the way I have always wanted to take them; townscapes with little or no one in the shots. I must be honest, I hear you shout, just get up early and you will get these shots! I don't do that early! Anyway, here are the shots.... enjoy







 























Information on Spiller's Farm can be found here....a truly wonderful place to stay for a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment